I know it’s getting a bit late for a new recipe for Christmas, but this would also be nice for New Years. In fact it is pretty darn good almost any time.
I made it several weeks ago, and we enjoyed it.
It’s fairly easy to do, and of course uses the instant pudding mix which makes it a Midwestern pot luck wonder.
So do give it a go as they say, if you like pistachios that is.
- 1 – 1/4 c graham crackers, munched up into crumbs
- 1 – 1/4 c vanilla wafers, also munched up.
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 c melted butter
- 1 – 1/2 pkgs cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 c powdered sugar
- 2 c whipping cream
- 2 (3 oz) boxes of pistachio instant pudding
- 2 c cold milk
- 1/2 c chopped pistachio nuts, toasted
- Mix the crumbs, butter and sugar together and spread into a 9 or 10 inch pie plate. Bake at 350° for five minutes, or until just browning. Cool on rack and then in the fridge.
- In a mixer, add the cream cheese, vanilla, sugar, and one cup of the whipping cream. Beat well.
- Spread into the bottom of the cooled crust. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Mix the instant pudding with milk and whisk until thick. Spread on the cheese layer.
- Whip up the remaining cup of whipping cream and spread over the top of the pistachio layer.
- Cover the top with the nuts. Refrigerate until well chilled.
- Pistachio Cream Cheese Dessert Recipe (livingrichwithcoupons.com)