But this is great for all the chicken, not just its wings. It works for legs and thighs and well, any part.
Just make ’em. Cuz they are so good, and you know they work so nice on football Sundays and even for the super bowl and even for the New Year’s Day!
Just add a plate or two of these and some other finger foods, and you got some grazin’ fine food.
Tame the heat if you prefer, but do make these, lip-smackers.
- A couple of lbs of chicken, wings, or other parts.
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 1 /2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp each cayenne, cinnamon, ginger.
- 1/4 tsp each allspice and cloves
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 c orange juice
- juice and zest of one lime
- 1/4 c oil)
- 2 tsp sriracha sauce (or other hot sauce such as Franks or Tabasco)
- 1 Serrano, Habanero, or jalapeño, minced (depending on the heat you wish)
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- Mix all the marinade together, place the chicken in it (plastic bag works well) and let sit in the fridge for up to 24 hours, but probably at least 4 hours. Turn the bag around every hour or so, to evenly coat all the chicken.
- Grill it! Or you could broil in a pinch.
Serves: 6-8 depending on what else you are serving.
NOTE: You can adjust the heat pretty successfully here. Franks is by far the mildest of the sauces and of course the Habanero is the hottest of the peppers.