The thing I like about this recipe is that it’s a sheet cake, and avoids all the busy work of layering and frosting. I’m lazy, what can I say.
This is pretty much a standard recipe, and I got it from PioneerWoman, and she calls it “Sigrid’s Carrot Cake.”
I doubled the carrots in mine.
To make it more healthy.
Truly, it’s guilt free.
- 2 c sugar
- 1 c vegetable oil (I use canola)
- 4 whole eggs
- 2 c flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 4 c grated carrots
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Mix together in a standard mixer, the sugar, oil and eggs.
- In another bowl sift together everything but the carrots.
- Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients.
- Add carrots and mix well.
- Spray a baking dish (next size up from 9 x 11 probably 11 x 14). Pour in the batter.
- Bake until done, about 25 minutes or so, until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool and then frost with a cream cheese frosting mixed with chopped pecans
- Healthy Carrot Cake Muffins (hauteapplepie.com)
- Carrot Coconut Cake (undertheteacozy.wordpress.com)
- Party Recipe: Carrot Cake with Tangy Orange Frosting – Recipes from The Kitchn (thekitchn.com)
- Vegan Carrot Cake with Cashew Cream Frosting (veganflavorista.wordpress.com)
- The Best Carrot Cake EVER! (sheadylady.com)
- Savoury Carrot Cake (pravings.com)