Mine that is.
Others? Not so much.
I’m just fussy.
So when I decided to take advantage of several “southwestern” type potato salads, I just had to make it my own of course. And this i what I came up with.
I’ve tried to be specific about the measurements, but frankly, it’s the kind of thing, you just put in what looks about right. So add or subtract or substitute as you decide and vary the amounts to agree with your own tastes.
- About 2 lbs of red potatoes or Yukon, diced into bite-sized pieces, boiled in salted water until barely done, drained and cooled.
- 3 ears of corn, roasted and stripped from the cob
- 1 150z can of kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 c diced red sweet pepper
- 1 -2 jalapeño peppers minced
- 3-4 ribs of celery, thinly sliced
- 4-6 radishes, diced
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 1/3 c chopped cilantro
- 2/3 c mayo
- juice of one lime + 1 tbsp zest
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tbsp chile powder
- salt and pepper
- 6 slices bacon, fried and drained
- Mix all the veggies together in a large bowl.
- Mix the dressing ingredients together in a small bowl and then pour over and mix. (I like the salad to be a bit dry because leftovers aren’t so soupy then)
- Scatter the bacon on the top (which will keep it crispy longer)
NOTES: you can add any veggies you like such as zucchini, broccoli. You can swap out the beans for some other type of course. You can add more heat with Serrano chiles.