I love chocolate cream pies.
I love french silk chocolate cream pies.
You can just about eat the picture can’t you?
And frankly, it’s easy to make.
Raw eggs, fair warming.
I believe this recipe comes from Pioneer Woman and I believe I changed nary a thing. There are plenty of recipes out there, but I really loved this one for both its ease and its taste. See if you agree.
- 4 oz unsweetened baking chocolate, chopped up roughly
- 1 c salted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 c sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 whole eggs
- 1 baked pastry shell
- In a small bowl, melt the chocolate in the microwave and set aside to cool.
- In a good sturdy mixer, beat the butter (2 sticks) and the sugar until fluffy.
- Add the chocolate when cooled and add the vanilla. Beat until thoroughly combined.
- With your mixer on medium, add eggs one at a time, mixing for 5 minutes between each one for a total of 20 minutes.
- Pour into the cooled pie shell, and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
NOTE: whipped cream is essential for the top of course (well not really, but really do!) You can add almond slivers and/or chocolate curls as well. Go crazy and add a maraschino cherry on top! Lock up any leftovers because they will disappear if you don’t. Store in the fridge. If you are not planning on the entire pie being eaten at once, I’d serve the whipped cream on the side. The pie stores well covered with some plastic wrap, but if you have the top covered with whipped cream, it will really stick to the wrap.