Everybody eats banana bread, because everybody saunters into the kitchen one day and finds some bananas looking pretty darn sorrowful and banana bread is the quick answer.
Yet, we get a wee bit tired of plain old banana bread. . . .sooo, we learn to doctor it up!
And this is a prescription for making your banana bread something akin to a dessert while at the same time still calling it a bread, thus making it A-okay for breakfast (if ya get my drift).
This recipe is fairly simple and easy to throw together, so don’t throw away those overly ripe bananas no more!
- 3 lg. ripe bananas
- 3/4 c sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 – 1 /2 c flour
- 1/3 c melted butter
- 2/3 – 1 c chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375° and grease a loaf pan generously.
- Mash the bananas in a large mixing bowl and stir in sugar and egg, mixing well. (I used a mixer)
- In a separate bowl, place the dry ingredients and whisk together.
- Add to the wet ingredients.
- Add the butter.
- Add the chips and blend.
- Pour into the loaf pan and place in the oven for about 40-50 minutes or until skewer comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes or so before turning out onto a rack to cool completely.
Serves: 14 slices or so.
NOTE: of course with any recipe like this, you can add anything else you wish such as raisins, dried fruits, nuts. I got this recipe from a site called Salu Salo, but truthfully, this recipe is all over with minor changes. A dollop of whipped cream would make this a nice simple dessert, along with a few strawberries or raspberries perhaps.
- .:Blueberry Almond Banana Bread:. (upliftedvibrations.com)
- white chocolate chip mango banana bread. (sallysbakingaddiction.com)
- recipe 7: peanut butter banana bread (landofreblogs.wordpress.com)
- Zucchini Banana Bread (2broadsabroad.wordpress.com)