The recipe is supposedly on the back of Eagle Brand sweet condensed milk, but I couldn’t swear to that. It’s a very common bar, so I suspect that is so.
I didn’t measure like you are supposed to, and I think that is fine. That speeds up the process actually. So follow along and I’ll give you the size of the ingredient.
- 1 sleeve of graham crackers (about 1 1/2 c, crushed)
- 1 stick of butter, melted
- enough nuts (pecans, walnuts, almonds, etc) to cover the bottom of a 9 x 13 baking pan.
- one regular size 12oz of so, bag of chocolate chips (milk, semi-sweet, etc) again, enough to cover the bottom generously
- 1 regular size bag of sweet flaked coconut (enough to cover the bottom–getting this now?)
- 1 regular can of sweetened condensed milk
- Grease the bottom and sides of your pan with shortening.
- Melt and then pour the butter over the bottom, covering it all.
- Pour the graham crackers over and press lightly.
- In no particular order, layer the nuts, chips and coconut.
- Pour the can of condensed milk over the entire thing.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 or until top is getting lightly browned.
- Cool for a few minutes before you attempt to cut and remove.
Serves: oh a trick question right? 10 if you are a skinny type. 4 if you are a pig.
NOTE: some folks add marshmallows instead of coconut, or dried fruit.