My friend Diane Smith at JustaPinch has come up with another great recipe.
I made this yesterday and it turned out perfectly.
This is an elegant, moist and simply delectable cake.
I might suggest that the glaze be altered to a powdered sugar/butter/lime juice “frosting”. With a tingle of green color, it would make a fine St. Patrick’s Day dessert! But the glaze as given is just great too.
But do make this. You will not be disappointed.
- 3 c AP flour, sifted
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 c unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 8 oz pkg of cream cheese, also room temp
- 3 c sugar
- 6 lg eggs, room temp
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
- juice of 1 lime and the zest
- 1/4 c butter
- 1/4 c sugar
- 3 tbsp lime juice (I used a second lime for this)
- powdered sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 325° and grease and flour a 12-cup bundt cake pan
- Sift flour and salt together in a bowl and set aside.
- Cream butter, cream cheese and sugar on low for about 10 minutes until nice and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs one at a time, alternating with the flour, until all incorporated.
- Add the vanilla, almond and lime juice and zest. Just mix until combined.
- Pour into bundt pan and bake for 1 1/2 hours or until skewer comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for about 10 minutes, remove unto plate.
- Make the glaze with the butter/sugar/lime juice. Heat until all is melted and sugar has dissolved.
- Prick the top of the cake, and pour the glaze over it.
- Dust with powdered sugar after cake has cooled.
- Pat-a-Cake: Lemonade Bundt Cake (thejoyfulsoul.wordpress.com)
- New Years Bundt cake…..a favorite with some new tips and thanks! (chanteusedesigns.wordpress.com)
- Orange, lemon and lime poppy-seed Bundt cake with citrus cream cheese frosting (kerrycooks.wordpress.com)