What to do?
Oh figure out an easy way to get to the same place.
This works really nicely, and frankly, I thought in some ways it did a better job than the old dunk, dunk goose method.
See what you think.
- 1 half of a full breast, deboned and pounded to about 1/4 inch thickness. Cut into as many pieces as you wish
- salt and pepper
- slices of good quality Parmesan cheese (use your peeler to run off long thin pieces)
- a cup or so of ground up crackers (I used a dip variety with herbs)
- Heat about 3 tbsp of EVOO in a large saute pan, until shimmering.
- Salt and pepper both sides of your fillets.
- Place in the oil, brown, and turn, brown, reduce heat, and cook until done.
- Prepare a baking pan, lined with foil.
- Place your cooked fillets in the pan, and piece slices of cheese until the entire fillet is covered (more or less)
- Sprinkle a goodly amount of the crumbs on each spreading a bit until it looks pretty much covered.
- Place in a 250° pre-heated oven for about 15 minutes until parmesan has melted and the crumbs are browned.
- Enjoy in whatever manner you wish.
NOTE: You can change this up a lot depending on what variety of cracker you use. Also you can obviously change cheese, or use any variety of herbs you like when you salt and pepper. I frankly found it as nice as the regular kind without all the work. Of course I only did one side but it was plenty I thought. We had it this way with the Wine/Lemon/Cream sauce featured yesterday.