Myself, I don’t like the cakey, chewy varieties. I like my cookies crisp.
This has been my standard-bearer for years now, and I have never seen reason to go looking for others. It is a bit different.
It comes from Joy of Cooking.
- 1 2/3 c AP flour
- 1 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 sticks butter
- 3/4 c sugar
- 2/3 c light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 tbsp milk
- 2 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/3 c old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 c semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 3 oz chocolate bar, grated or finely chopped
- 3/4 c chopped walnuts or pecans or other nut of your choice
- Whisk together the first 4 ingredients
- Beat the butter on medium speed in a mixer until creamy and lightened in color.
- Add everything up to the rolled oats and beat until well blended
- Add the flour mixture and blend well.
- Finely grind the oats in a food processor.
- Stir them into the batter along with the chips, chocolate bar and nuts.
- Use either a greased cookie sheet or one covered in parchment.
- Use a 1″ scoop, and place cookies about 2″ apart, pressing down each cookie slightly.
- Bake in a 375° pre-heated oven for 8-12 minutes. Let stand upon removing until cookies have hardened up.
Serves: about 2 1/2 dozen
- Ghirardelli Chocolate Chip Cookies (kissthewhisk.wordpress.com)
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Bites – For Griffin (strawberryginger.com)
- Chocolate Chip Cookies (lajjatdarswayampak.wordpress.com)
- Chocolate Chip Cookies (savageblogj4.wordpress.com)