My mother made. I’m pretty sure her’s was just bologna, mayo and sweet relish.
This recipe is a tweaking of a great update by Cathy Nunn at JustAPinch.
I’ve only changed and added a bit.
I simply love this stuff. But then I grew up loving bologna since we had the best bologna in the world.
- 1 lb bologna (Get it in one big chunk at the deli if you can, otherwise get the BEST BEEF bologna you can find
- 1/3 c minced celery
- 1/3 c minced onion
- 1/4 c pickle relish
- 1/4 c roasted red peppers
- 1 heaping tsp pickled jalapeños
- pepper to taste
- 1/3 c mayonnaise
- Add the celery and the onion to a food processor, mince further a bit.
- Add the relish, peppers, jalapeños, and pulse a couple of times, just to mix.
- Cut up your bologna roughly into like 1 inch pieces. Add and pulse until fairly small.
- Add the mayo and pulse a few times to mix.
- You don’t want the mix to be mush, you should still be able to pick out pieces of the ingredients.
Serves: 1 lb. It should keep a week, if you can leave it alone.