It comes together nicely and quick. I followed the recipe pretty exactly as I got it from Karen Selznick at JustaPinch.
This is about what it should look like. Mine did not, but that is because I dropped it taking it out of the oven. It landed upright, but kinda smooshed, like the air had been knocked out of it.
It tasted fine however, and I will make it again. If you like fruited breads, please do try this one.
- 4 oz cream cheese (half a package) at room temperature
- 4 tbsp butter (half a stick) also at room temperature
- 1 c flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 c sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 container of blueberries (6 oz was plenty I found)
- 2/3 tsp of cinnamon
- 1/8 c of sugar
- Place butter and cream cheese in a mixer and cream together until smooth
- Add sugar slowly and then the egg until it’s all one smooth mix.
- Mix together the flour and baking powder and salt. Add slowly to the mixer while running slowly. Add the vanilla.
- Remove the bowl from the mixer and add about 1/2 the berries, and fold in carefully. When they are incorporated, add the rest, and fold those in as well.
- Place into a standard loaf pan.
- Mix the sugar and cinnamon together and sprinkle over the top.
- Place into a preheated 350° oven for 50-55 minutes or until a skewer comes out mostly clean.