Not to difficult or time-consuming?
Fresh, with great ingredients?
Well, read along. This is it. Simply sublime, full of flavor, and with the best real foods available.
When quality matters, impress yourself or your guests with this dish.
- 12 medium shrimp, cleaned
- 1/4 c extra virgin olive oil
- zest of 1/2 lemon
- salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 lb linguine, cooked al dente
- 1 lemon, juiced and zest of remaining half
- 1/2 stick butter (4 tbsp)
- 2 cloves garlic, micro-planed
- 1/4 c minced oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/4 c fresh parsley
- Best Parmesan-Reggiano for grating on the top
- Place shrimp in small plastic bag and pour in the marinade (EVOO, zest, salt, pepper, vinegar, garlic) Marinate for no more than 1 1/2 hours (1 hour is best)
- Place shrimp on wooden skewers and set on plate in the fridge.
- Cook the pasta in salted water.
- In a saute pan, melt the butter, add the remaining garlic, tomatoes, lemon juice and zest. Reduce by 1/3.
- Add the cooked and drained pasta and stir to coat. Add the parsley.
- Using a stove grill plate, heat to very hot. Place the shrimp on the plate and sear quickly, turn when edges are turning pink. Do the other side. Do NOT overcook.
- Plate the pasta between 2 plates and place a shrimp skewer on the top of each. Grate the cheese on top generously.
Serve with a great simple salad of greens with a light vinaigrette and some french bread.
- Meiterranian Shrimp (inkinthekitchen.wordpress.com)
- Rosemary and Thyme Roasted Shrimp (thisissogood.wordpress.com)