It’s simply wonderful, and frankly, you don’t even want to pour it on, it’s so bursting with flavor, a little is enough.
Blue cheese is one of my favorites. It tends to dominate so you don’t have to add a lot of other things. And this is not the time to waste your precious dollars on top end blue cheese either. Save the Maytag and Stilton for more elegant fare. I decent blue cheese will do here.
Most dressings take only minutes to make, and last a good week. So make in amounts that work for you.
- 1 c mayonnaise (some use half sour and half mayo, but I prefer only mayo. It maintains the consistency best I find)
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp micro-planed garlic
- 1 tsp micro-planed onion (basically a bit of onion juice)
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 3 oz. blue cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 c of milk or less
- salt to be adjusted after it has set a couple of hours
- fresh parsley, chopped if desired
- Mix everything together except the milk, salt and parsley.
- Add milk tbsp by tbsp until you reach the consistency you wish.
- Place in fridge for a couple of hours.
- Taste for salt, add more milk if it needs thinning, and add the parsley.
Serves: about 6 – 8