And so do I.
And it’s one of the simplest soups to make.
So do yourself a big favor.
You can eat it hot in the winter, and cold in the summer. It tastes wonderful either way.
Get in the kitchen!
- 3-6 leeks, mostly white but some green is okay, thoroughly washed and cut up roughly.
- 3 tbsp butter
- 3 medium potatoes, diced
- 5 c chicken stock
- 1 c cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- Melt butter in a soup pot, and dump in the leeks. Saute on medium until they are softened and tender but not browned.
- Add the potatoes and stock and simmer for about 30 minutes or until potatoes are fork-tender.
- Remove to a blender in batches, or use an immersion blender and puree.
- Return to pot and season to taste.
- Add the cream and stir in.
- Decorate it with some fresh herbs, chives or parsley are nice, dill would be great in a cold version in the summer.