So we need lots of pure comfort food to help us navigate.
This is another of those. You just sit and eat until you can’t eat any more.
And you feel satisfied.
And you go back on the diet tomorrow.
And it violates all my rules because it has 2 cans of canned soup in it.
I feel soooo decadent!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 med onion diced
- 1 med red pepper, diced
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 1/2 c corn, fresh, frozen or canned
- 8-10 oz egg noodles, cooked (other pasta will work too
- 1 can each cream of mushroom and cream of celery
- 2 cups shredded cheese of any kind (optional)
- 1 1/2 c scrunched up potato chips or other crackers of your choice
- Brown the meat and add the onion and red pepper and cook until nearly done.
- Add the pepper and corn and mix.
- Add the soups and mix thoroughly.
- Add the cooked noodles.
- Mix and turn into a 9 x 13 casserole baking dish. Add the cheese if using and the chip topping.
- Cover with foil and place in a 375° for 30 minutes. Remove and uncover and put back in oven for another 15 minutes.
Note: You can make this up in the morning sans the chip topping and put in fridge for later. Add about 15 minutes of reheat time if you do. Just put on the chips before you pop in the oven.