I love mashed potatoes.
I get tired of mashed potatoes with gravy or with just butter.
The PioneerWoman gave me the ingredients for this.
The amounts are not so important. Fudge it around depending on how many you are serving. Leftovers here are good, but the treasures may soften up on ya, so I’d say it’s best eaten up!
- 4 med-lg russet potatoes, peeled and cut up for boiling.
- 1/3 stick butter
- 1/2 c sour cream
- 6 slices bacon, cut up in 1/2″ pieces and cooked until crisp, drained.
- 4-5 scallions chopped with some of the green parts
- 2/3 c French’s fried onions (or other similar brand)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Boil the potatoes until fork tender, drain.
- Add the butter and cream and mash.
- Add the scallions and bacon, stirring just to incorporate.
- Place in serving bowl and sprinkle all over with the fried onions.
- A New Combo (bookcasefoodie.wordpress.com)