I get that.
After all, it’s what made “have it your way” a hit.
So before you hit the delete button, just hear me out.
Some day, you just gotta grow up. Get away from the childish ketchup and mustard. Break from the teenage years of “lettuce, with a little mayo”, graduate from “pickles, but no onions”. At least once in a while.
Ya know what I mean? Have courage, step up. Be an adult.
This recipe comes from the PioneerWoman. Some of her recipes I like, other’s not so much. This one was just plain and simple wonderful. Somehow it just works. So try it, or forever be known as a wimp.
- 1 lb ground beef (fairly lean please)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 medium red onion
- 2-3 oz blue cheese
- 1/2 c mayo
- 1 jalapeno
- 3 kaiser rolls
- Cut the onion root to stem. Lay the flat side on the counter, and cut thin slices from root to stem. Place in a saute pan with a couple of tablespoons of butter and a bit of olive oil. Saute until caramelized. Probably about 30 min. (You can fry them at first and let them get a little black around the edges, but then reduce and cook slowly) They are caramelized when they are “done” and very limp and browned.
- Add salt and pepper to the meat and mix gently by hand and then shape into three burgers. Cook in a saute pan or on a grill until done.
- Mince the jalapeno and add to the mayo.
- Open the rolls and butter and place under the broiler or on the grill until butter has melted and the buns have browned nicely.
- Place burger on the roll, top with some of the crumbled blue cheese, add a tablespoon or so of the onions. Paint the roof with the jalapeno mayo and sit down, cuz if you don’t the taste will knock you down.
- [Burger Boutique] Dynamite Double Monster A.K.A DDM (dolphinandwhale.wordpress.com)
- Favorite Burger Toppings (friendseat.com)