I often use the tried and true powdered sugar, milk, butter, and chocolate something for frosting.
It’s fast, and it’s actually quite good.
But this is simply BETTER. Better as in better than 7-minute frosting. It doesn’t harden. It is silky.
This goes so well with my Double Down Chocolate Cake.
When showing you care, matters, this is the recipe you want.
- 16 oz semi-sweet chocolate bits, melted
- 8 Tbsp butter, melted
- 1/3 c sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp corn syrup
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 c cream
- In a mixer, beat butter, sugar, vanilla, corn syrup and salt until light and fluffy
- Add the chocolate and whisk until combined
- Add the cream. Remove bowl from mixer and place in ice bath and stir until frosting is room temperature.
- (You can skip the ice bath, stir now and again and let it sit until the butter has become solid again, making the frosting spreadable) And if you want to make it nice and fluffy, throw it back under the mixer whip when it’s nice and cool, and whip away for a bit.
*Add some shaved semi-sweet shavings from a candy bar on the top to really pretty it up.