You see I had the idea (after looking at tons of recipes about chicken and barbecue and Asian) of baking some chicken out of a marinade.
And then it seemed it would be good dressing up a stir fry. Then I figured the marinade could double as the stir-fry sauce.
And voilà, a genius recipe is born.
Well, okay. It is a good one. See what you think.
INGREDIENTS FOR THE MARINADE:
- 1/3 c soy sauce
- 1 tsp hot sesame seed oil
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp mirin
- 1 TBSP hot chili sauce
- 1 TBSP rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 c coca cola
- 3 TBSP brown sugar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tsp fresh ginger, minced
- 1/2 tsp granulated onion
- 1 Serrano chili, minced
4 chicken thighs, bone-in
INGREDIENTS FOR STIR-FRY
- 2 carrots, cut on the diagonal into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 medium onion, cut into wedges
- 1/3 package frozen french petite green beans
- 4 scallions cut on the diagonal
- 2 tbsp oil
- sesame seeds for garnish
- Mix all the marinade together, add the chicken and marinade in the fridge for at least 4 hours, turning occasionally.
- An hour before eating, place chicken in a foil-lined baking dish and bake at 425° for 50 minutes and then 10 minutes under the broiler.
- Place the marinade from the bag into a saucepan and heat until boiling and then set aside.
- About 30 minutes before eating, make the rice (1 2/3 c water to 1 c rice and pinch of salt)
- About 20 minutes before eating, heat oil in the wok and add carrots and onions, cooking until about half done. Add the green beans and continue until crisp tender.
- Add some of the marinade to the wok and the scallions and toss to coat, letting it get a bit syrupy. (be careful not to have over cooked the veggies.)
- Serve over rice with a piece of the chicken, sprinkle with sesame seeds, and the remaining marinade on the side for more sauce.
Serves: 4 or less depending on how big a pig your eaters are!
- Oven Baked Pork with Hoisin-Barbeque sauce (masarapdin.wordpress.com)