We had this salad yesterday. We both loved it. It had just the right amount of heat for us, and was refreshing on a hot day. We didn’t eat it as a sandwich, although you might prefer it that way. We had it on a bed of lettuce, with crackers. We literally scarfed it all up.
The recipe is from Kathleen Hagood and can be found posted at JustaPinch.
The only thing I did differently here was add 1/2 of chopped celery for more crunch.
- 1 lg chicken breast, roasted, deboned, skinned and diced
- 1/2 c onion diced (scallions an option here)
- 1/3 c red bell pepper diced
- 1/2 c cilantro chopped
- 1/2 small can of black olives
- 2 pickled jalapenos chopped
- 1 canned chipotle pepper finely chopped (she used 2)
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 3/4 c mayonnaise
- (1/2 diced celery-my addition)
- Mix all the ingredients together gently.
- Add mayo until you have the consistency you wish
- Serve with rolls that have been toasted and sprinkled with garlic powder as a sandwich or on a bed of lettuce as a salad.
- Kat recommends that for the sandwich you might wanted to add grilled peaches or pineapple slices as a foil to the heat.
- Chicken-and-Artichoke Salad (nolagirlsocial.wordpress.com)
- Southern Chicken Salad with Grapes…. (rollinoatstampa.com)